H O M E
         

COPPERFIELD PROPERTY OWNERS
ASSOCIATION
Board of Directors Meeting
Feb. 18, 2008

Present:  Jim Cooper - President, Chris Brogan- Vice President, Ray McDermott - Director, Lesley Studholme - S.C.M.  & Wil Leister.   Beth Fisher, Blaise Simone were absent.

President Jim called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. at the Health Center of Merritt Island.   

READING OF THE MINUTES

The minutes of the meeting of January 15, 2008 were read by Jim Cooper.  Ray made the motion to accept the minutes.  Chris seconded and all were in favor.

TREASURER’S REPORT

Beth Fisher - Treasurer was not available to report on the financials for January.  It was decided that they will be covered with the February financials in March.  Lesley indicated that all of the reports etc. have been submitted to the accountant for the compilation and taxes.

MANAGER’S REPORT

Lesley Studholme submitted the manager’s report which consists of the tracking of non compliance issues in Copperfield.
Lesley indicated that infraction notices were down as many of the residents have done as requested.  Ray submitted the overall report covering Feb./07-Feb./08    

COMMITTEE REPORTS

ARC /ARCC–  Chris Brogan reported there were 4 on the spot approvals.
 
LANDSCAPE –

Ray McDermott stated that the irrigation is up and running.  A new pump controller and rely and also a fibergalss enclosure with a combination lock to keep people from touching the settings 

Ray also submitted 3 bids for the electrical work.  The most affordable bid was from Hogg Electric for $750.00.  He also stated that the electrical needs to be steel & is in the wrong location .  A new meter box is required which will require new service ot be run along the wall to the meter box.  (FPL will pay for that). This will need approval  by FPL including inspection which will cost $60.    Ray made the motion to approve the bid from Hogg and include the $60.  inspection fee for a total of $856.00 for the electric improvements at the entrance.  Chris seconded stating the total is not to exceed $900.00, all were in favor.  

OLD BUSINESS-

Chris indicated that a product called Pond Foam might work for around the drain at the pond.  He stated that if it works, it would be much cheaper than hauling in concrete .

NEW BUSINESS -

The yearly garage sale will be on March 29 with a soft opening on the Friday morning.  Ray will send an email.  Also, it will be noted on the web site.

GENERAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

It was agreed that Beth Fisher could be relieved from the ARC now that she is on the Board of Directors.

It was discussed whether ARA's could be completed by email which the board had no objections.

It was noted that the trash pick up plan was lost at the commissioners meeting therefore leaving manual pick up to continue.

Congress will review the restrictions HOA's are allowed to enforce.

ADJOURNMENT-

Chris made the motion to adjourn the meeting,  Ray seconded and all were in favor 8: 40pm