H O M E
         

COPPERFIELD PROPERTY OWNERS
ASSOCIATION
Board of Directors Meeting
June 17, 2008

Present:  Jim Cooper - President,  Ray McDermott - Director,  Chris Brogan- Vice president, Lesley Studholme - S.C.M.  & Wil Leister.   

President Jim called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. at the Health Center of Merritt Island.   

READING OF THE MINUTES

The minutes of the meeting of May 20, 2008 were read by Lesley Studholme.  Ray made the motion to accept the minutes.  Chris seconded and all were in favor.

TREASURER’S REPORT

Lesley Studholme - gave an overview of the financials for the May/June period.  The report consisted of income and expenditures with the bottom line in each account.  There was more discussion on collection for delinquent accounts. Chris made the motion to accept the Treasurers Report, Ray seconded and all were in favor.

MANAGER’S REPORT

Lesley Studholme submitted the manager’s report which consists of the tracking of non compliance issues in Copperfield.  Most of the infractions again were lawns since we are having such a dry spell.    

It was agreed that two attorney letters should be sent to the seriously delinquent property owners.  There are 3 outstanding collections at this time.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

ARC /ARCC–  Chris gave the report which was submitted Tom Loshe .   There was one on the spot approval.  There are 10 reviews 6 of which are completed and 4 which are not completed.  The full report is attached.

LANDSCAPE –

Ray McDermott reported that the pepper trees still need to be cut however, the importance is on a hold due to such dry conditions. Discussion included what should be done with the mulch once they are cut.  It was determined that just leave the mulch where it stands once it is cut.  Karen Smithson agreed to provide the name of another tree cutter. 

 The palm trees and cottonwoods at the entrance need to be trimmed.  Ray submitted a bid from Lelands for $480.00.  Ray made the motion to accept, Chris seconded and all were in favor.

Mulch and Indian Hawthorne  is needed for the front.  Ray submitted a bid from Vance for $556.00.  Ray made the motion to accept, Chris seconded and all were in favor.

OLD BUSINESS-

Ray submitted an insert for the invoice mailing to go out later this month.  It offers a convenience to pay maintenance fees by credit card with a process fee of $2.25 to be charged to quarterly assessments.  The process fee will be waved on advance payments of 4  or more quarters.   Chris made the motion to authorize SCM to accept credit card payments with the charge and Ray seconded - all were in favor.

Filling the washout around the storm drain was again discussed.  Chris indicted that Quikcrete around the drain might be an option.  Ray agreed to call Southern Greens to see if this is something they could do.  Further discussion has been tabled at this time. 

NEW BUSINESS -

Ray indicated that he renewed the CD’s when they came due at the end of May  with Coastal Bank.  The rate offered is 3.25 apy with 3.3 for 12 months.

GENERAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

It was discussed that if 48 hour notice cannot be given to postpone or cancel a meeting, then the meeting must go on.  The sign should not be posted prior to knowing if there is going to be a quorum.

Wil  suggested the BOD look into other egress options should there be an evacuation at any time.  Possible exits do exist however the county should be contacted as this is a public safety issue.

The continued partying at a particular address on Heather Stone has created some concern.  It was suggested that the police be called everything there is a disturbance.

ADJOURNMENT-
Chris made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Ray seconded and all were in favor 8:55 pm