Board of Directors Meeting
August 16, 2011

Present were:  Jim Cooper – President, Chris Brogan- Vice President, Biagio Simone – Secretary, Ray McDermott – Director, Alma McBride - Treasurer & Lesley Studholme- SCM.  A quorum was established

Guests- Wil Leister, Lynn Riley, Mr & Mrs. Taffer

Jim Cooper called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. at the Health Center of Merritt Island.   

The minutes of the meeting of June, 2011 were read by Biagio Simone. Alma made the motion to accept the minutes, Ray seconded and all were in favor. 

The treasurer’s report for the June period was given by Alma McBride- She provided details on the deposits, with drawls and ending balance for the Wells Fargo checking account.    She then included the Fidelity Reserve account deposit, interest and balance.  Blaise made the motion to accept the report as provided, Ray seconded and all were in favor.  Alma McBride then gave the report for the July period which included all of the above mentioned information.  Blaise made the motion to accept the July report, Ray seconded and all were in favor. The reports are to be made an integral part of these minutes.  Alma then noted that a report on bankrole.com indicates that Fidelity has a very low score.

Lesley Studholme of Space Coast Management submitted the manager’s reports for June and July time periods.  These reports consist of tracking non compliance issues in Copperfield.  The list of non compliance letters included 27 for June but was substantially lower in July at 18.  Many owners have responded and the properties are either being worked on, completed or in the attorney’s hands.   The three properties that were turned over to the attorney appear to be conforming at this time.  Only 2 delinquent maintenance fees are seriously outstanding which are currently under bank foreclosure.  

ARC–   Chris Brogan indicated that there were 4 ARA’s for the May-July time period.  All 4 have been completed.  He then reported that  3 ARA’s were submitted  for the July/August time period.   Two of the three have been completed and one remains  not completed.

ARCC-    Tom Loshe did submitted  an ARCC report which represents the previous month.  This report  is an integral part of these minutes.

Lesley asked the BOD if they want the ARCC reports that Tom Loshe submits added to the web site.  The Board indicated that although they are public record, they should remain with the documentation in the SCM office.


Ray McDermott –reported that Leland removed the dead palm, stump and restored the landscape.  Leland had custom curbs fix a damaged curb resulting from the tree removal at his cost.  Ray made a motion to mulch the front since it has been 1 year.  The contract with Southern Greens was $240.00.  Blaise seconded and all were in favor.


1811 Abbeyridge –Lynn Riley – ARC Chairperson presented the original Lennar 99 floor plan book and proposed that we provide this to the new buyer before she builds.  It was determined that the plans for the new construction will need to be reviewed by the ARC and then the BOD will give final approval.   Lesley is to contact the buyer and provide her with the information so she is aware of who to contact and what will be required.

The Taffers  who live on Hedgerow presented concerns over their parking situation.  They  park on the street but make every effort not to block ingress or egress.  They asked if overnight parking is permitted.  The BOD stated that the County governs the parking on streets and Copperfield does not have any rules against overnight parking.  Dogs were also discussed wherein they were informed that all dogs must be leashed.

A letter was presented from one of the homeowners stating that the property values are dropping in Copperfield due to poor schooling.  There was much discussion and it was determined that schooling is not affecting any declining values in Copperfield.

It was noted that there is rust at the entrance which should be removed.  It was also discussed that with a decision to put in a well this will hinder water flow and create more rust.  Ray will look into have the entrance cleaned.

It was also noted that a tree house is being constructed on Heather Stone.  It was determined that an ARA must be completed before any more construction continues.  Lesley will contact the owner with the information.



Blaise made the motion to adjourn, Alma seconded and all were in favor at 8:35 p.m